The SHP is a solar hydraulic pump intended for rural livestock farmers who need to pump to high heads typically (50-300m) from a surface water source.
The SHP-triplex is a cost effective and reliable high lift solar pump. Theses are the main advantages:
- Far more cost effective than the competition.
- Far more efficient than the competition (world best in class, peak pumping efficiency 64%).
- Do it yourself - No builder, electrician or water take permit needed (in NZ).
- Light weight <20kg (no risk of lifting injuries) and 1 person can install it. Easy to move to a workshop for servicing.
- Direct drive (no gearbox to add weight, cost and complexity).
- High efficiency motor (up to 80% efficient).
- Brushless motor (no brushes to wear out in the motor).
- Electronic motor driver (up to 95% efficient) with MPPT (maximum power point tracking).
- High efficiency plunger triplex pump (up to 85% efficient).
- Slow running rpm (in the range 200-1200rpm) makes it quiet and durable.
- Built tough for global export and fits into a DHL export carton.
- Will pump to a set pressure (the point where the ball cock start to close) and then stop.
- Pressure stop point is set via a simple push button. Default setting is 300 head and a 30 minute wait time.
- Quality ceramic Triplex pumps last longer because each individual component does less work. The flow of water from a triplex pump is relatively constant so no pressure dampener is needed.
- Can pump clean or dirty water (within reason) as plunger pumps are less prone to damage than piston pumps. The plunger does not run in a bore where abrasive grit can become trapped.
- If the super-hard ceramic plungers are ever damaged they are low cost and quick to replace.
- Is light enough to mount on a pontoon that floats on the surface of water of storage dams, lakes and river - eliminating the need for high suction lifts. Sucking water from more than 8m below the pump is problematic for all pumps.
The SHP-Triplex is available from May 2019. With the cost of solar PV falling to very low levels, solar PV water pumping makes a lot of sense for rural livestock farmers.
For more information read these documents: