We stock a limited range of small water elements in the following Ohm ratings that have many applications in DIY projects on 12/24/48 and higher DC battery systems.
All elements have 1” BSP/NPT threads on the element and we also supply a brass adaptor for 1 ¼” BSP threads.
Ohms ratings as per table below, do not use above 1000W or 120 VDC.
On DC water elements good practice is to ensure:
- Termination points are tight
- No insulation or combustible material near element connections
- Terminal cover is metal to reduce any fire risk from an arching connections
- Check all dc connections annually for any sign of heat damage & rectify
- Ensure element has water cover at all times
- Clearly label how element is to be turned off
- Comply with local wiring rules
Refer to PowerSpout Document Index Links for a complete index of documents.
Refer to PS MPPT DC water heater installation Guide June 16 for install instructions.