The React Pump is designed to pump clean fresh water with the use of solar power on hill country farms for stock water needs. It features a powerful brushless motor and a high pressure triple plunger pump which can smoothly pump your water up to a head of 300m! Click here to read our installation documents.
This ingenious little pump can give you years of trouble-free water pumping, avoiding the need for more expensive solutions. Not only does it utilise renewable energy, it is also made from 25% recycled materials, making it the most eco-friendly solar pump available on the global market.
The main features of the React Pump are:
Best In Class - Water is the lifeblood of farming. With the most water pumped per dollar spent of any product on the market. The React pump is the solution to your water management needs. It is the world’s most efficient solar pump for high lift sites.
Serious Power - The heart of the react pump is a triple ceramic plunger pump. With three plungers offset at 120 degrees water can be pumped at a smooth flow up to a 300m head. No pulsation dampener, no shocks on the system, just smooth pumping.
Saves You Money - Why is the React pump such good value for money? We fuse together well established, industry-leading components, with custom built software and years of technical tinkering to make a unique, affordable product.
Saves You Time - Petrol pumps need refueling, this costs time and money. The React pump lets the sun do the hard work. The React pump’s digital brain responds dynamically to sunlight intensity and stops when your tanks are full or water supply is low.
Brushless Motor - The React pump achieves its industry leading efficiency by coupling directly to a powerful brushless DC motor. No gear box equals less maintenance and less weight. At less than 20kg it is easy to carry on site or float on a pontoon.
No Hassle - The React pump is designed with the farmer in mind. By designing our system to operate at Extra Low Voltage (under 120 volts), the solar panels can be installed by anyone. Plus, the taking of surface water for domestic and stock supplies is permitted almost everywhere.
Durable - Making the pump durable is at the core to our philosophy. That’s why we use a triple plunger pump which runs at a fifth of the typical rotational speeds of other pump designs. The React Pump is easy to service yourself and comes with spare consumable parts.
- Maximum pump suction head: 1.5m (gravity feed is preferred - refer to the user manual)
- Maximum pump lift: 160m
- Maximum speed: 1200 rpm
- Maximum pump lift: 300m (High Power Model)
- Maximum speed: 1000 rpm (High Power Model)
- Volume of water pumped is dependent on many factors. The chart below gives an indication of how much water the React Pump can pump throughout the year:
The React Pump 2 is based on three and a half years of experience in selling the earlier React Pump 1 design in the New Zealand market. The React Pump 2 is a significantly improved product and the main improvements are:
- Side water connections (easy to access) with quick connect stainless steel fittings.
- Active sensor & software protection to detect the following and take action to protect the pump from damage:
- A water run dry event
- Motor stalling
- Freezing (detect & communicate but not protected from)
- Low oil level stop and oil change is needed warning
- LED communication of current pump status or any errors experienced by the pump since it was last checked.
- Electronics are now fully enclosed in a strong aluminium enclosure that also doubles as the pump base. The base plate is also much stronger being made from 4mm grade 5 aluminium.
- Packed head - We have packed the pump head away from the pump body so that the pump can keep running with a small water side seal leak without the risk of water ingress across to the oil side.
- Stronger injection molded fairing that is easier to remove and allows easy access to the ignition switch and sight of the oil level and communication LED's.
- Spare parts kit for the first 2 services – up to 3 years operation assuming clean water and correct installation.
The React Pump can run on either 2 or 4 solar PV panels depending on your water pumping requirements. This pump does not come with solar PV panels but it does come with a solar PV switch and all of the connectors you will need along with comprehensive instructions on choosing and connecting the solar panels. The pump will run off the most common sized PV panels in the 250-400+W range and the panels need to have a Vmpp of >30V and a Voc of <45V at the minimum temperature the panel will experience. Please refer to the User Manual or your dealer to assess your solar PV needs.
This pump comes with:
- React Pump 2
- Fairing & baseplate
- Foot valve & filter bags
- 3m x 25mm clear suction line
- Float Switch
- Non-return valve (fittings for this and the bypass valve are not supplied)
- PTFE Tape
- 32A Solar PV Switch
- 7 pairs of MC4 connectors and a MC4 2-to-1 connector set
- Stainless steel fixing kit with driver
- 2 service spare parts kit which includes:
- 2 sets of wet side seals
2 sets of small oil seals
- A large oil seal
- A pressure sensor
- A set of valves
- Oil seal drilling jigs, a 2.5mm drill bit and extraction screws
- Anti-seize grease
- Rubber grease
- 1 year warranty which is extended to 2 years on product registration
Please consider the following before choosing the React Pump:
- If you plan to use (or store) this pump in conditions below freezing, then extra protection in needed to protect the pump from damage due to freezing temperatures.
- Dirty pond water is acceptable within reason if it is sufficiently filtered. Water quality will reduce the seal life and may require more frequent service intervals. River water that includes pumice or other sharp abrasive material must be adequately filtered. Seawater is not permitted.
Ensure the pump is shaded if exposed to high summer temperatures with a suitable roof. This roof must also be designed to protect the exposed cable connectors and LED’s lights from wind driven rain and excessive UV exposure. Failure to provide a suitable cover will reduce the life of the pump.
- The pump, solar PV array and power cable must be adequately protected from large animal damage.
A successful installation requires reading the user manual and having some basic skills. We have provided a comprehensive user manual to enable those who wish to install their pump themselves. We advise engaging an experienced/qualified installer who has good mechanical, electrical, plumbing, reading and comprehension skills if you do not possess these skills yourself.
Currently the React pump is only available for purchase in New Zealand. We hope to start export sales soon. If you want to keep up to date with React pump news please follow us on Facebook and sign up to our mailing list.