The Kid is approved for use with PowerSpout hydro turbines only when installed as per our guide.
The KID is the most versatile medium sized charge controller on the market. Ideal for small renewable energy systems. The KID allows for true input paralleling. As your power needs grow, add more modules to the array and a second KID. This will give twice the power from a single array.
The KID now includes AGS (Auto Generator Start), but be warned we cannot assist you in the setup of the more advanced features as our time would cost more than the Kid, so read Midnite instructions/advice online for your gen-set type.
Available in Black or White in the Standard version, MNKID-B (black) or MNKID-W (White). Black is supplied unless you state otherwise in the order notes.
READ MORE ABOUT THE KID...
The KID's HyperVOC feature allows up to 162VOC. (The KID will not be harmed by voltages between 150 and 162VDC (this is the HyperVOC range). The KID will remain in standby until the voltage is 150v or below.
- Now includes AGS (Auto Generator Start)
- MPPT Tracking
- Type 1 environmental rating
- True paralleling - Inputs and Outputs for two KIDs
- Up to 150V input
- MidNite's exclusive HyperVOC extends the input voltage beyond 150 VOC for cold climates
- 12V, 24V, 36V, 48V battery output
- Lighting Controller: dusk-dawn, hourly, day, night settings
- Up to 30 amps battery output with low input voltage based off of PV configuration
- No fan
- Reverse polarity protected
- Optional Battery Temp Sensor (MNBTS)
- Front panel exchangeable fuses for battery, input and load/clipper.
- 3 LED bar graph for battery status at a glance
- Keypad for access to extensive menu items and set points
- Includes wall mount adapter (Boat mount bracket included on marine versions)
- Sealed for harsh environments
- Built in Arlington, WA USA
Warranty - 5 yrs.