The Flex Max (FM) charge controllers are approved for use with PowerSpout hydro turbines only when installed as per our guide.
The FM is a versatile large sized charge controller. Ideal for renewable energy systems. It comes in 3 options:
- FM60 - 60 amp 150V (stops working at 145V) solar/hydro approved
- FM80 - 80 amp 150V (stops working at 145V) solar/hydro approved
- FM100 - 100 amp 300V only approved for solar
We hope to test the FM100 300V version soon in the hope that it works well for our hydro turbines.
- For ELV off-grid solar PV installs most clients will use the 150V FM60 or FM80.
- For ELV off-grid hydro installs most clients will use the 150V version and PLT40/TRG40 turbines (12/24V battery). We do not recommend this product for use with a 48V battery unless a PowerClamp is installed.
READ MORE ABOUT THE FM60 and FM80...
READ MORE ABOUT THE FM100...
- MPPT Tracking for solar PV and hydro
- Up to 150/300V input options
- Up to 60/80/100 amps battery output depends model
- Keypad for access to extensive menu items and set points. Note FM100 needs a Mate 3S (not included).