The PowerSpout TRG is a Turgo turbine which on a suitable site can produce up to 1.6kW 24/7, 365 days a year. If a larger output is required you can stack units to generate over 16kW on the same penstock and power cable. Put each turbine in a separate shopping basket/order to avoid a high shipping surcharge. But see also twin packs below.
- Head range: 2 to 30 (6.6 –100 feet)
- Maximum flow/turbine: 16 l/s (254 gpm)
- Minimum flow/turbine: 8 l/s (127 gpm)
- Dimensions: 430 x 410 x 350 mm (16.9 x 16.1 x 13.8 inches)
- Maximum power: 1200W (Standard) or 1600W (HP)
- Maximum current rating 32 amp
Common version available are TRG 14/28/40/56/80/170/200/350. The number refers to the operating voltage, cable voltage or "MPPV". The runaway voltage off load or "Voc" can be as much as 3 x higher. So for example the TRG 200 will work well with a grid tied inverter at 200V but may produce voltage approaching 600V when the inverter is not drawing power from the turbine.
A TRG turbine comes with:
- 4 Jets and 4 valves (2” BSP standard - NPT optional)
- All Camlock fittings and pipe clamps for 50mm (2”) ID flexible hose connection
- (all you need is 4 x 50mm BSP (2”) or NPT male fitted on your penstock and 6-10m of flexible smooth bore suction hose)
- A mid-range oil filled pressure gauge
- Manual grease fitting as standard
- 4 metal jet supports to prevent jet sag due to pipe weight
- 2m of 4mm² tinned PV wire for +/-/earth
- 2 x MC4 cable connectors
- 4 x Tek screw fixing kit
- Rotor packing set kit included if we consider them likely to be required
- 4 x spare jet inserts
- 2-year warranty
For high power upgrades and auto grease options please select what you require from the drop down menus above. You must order a high power upgrade if your W/rpm is >0.7.
2” BSP threaded valves are supplied as standard unless you advise us that you need NPT threads in the drop down menu above.
If you require a TRG manifold or other TRG parts to ship in the same carton with your turbine (maximum upper limit 29kg) you can find them here.
Click here for TRG install images.
PowerSpout turbines are tailor made products which match your unique resource and personal requirements. We do sell direct to customers who are keen D.I.Y.er's but please note that you will need to pay for system design/installation support.
It is often cheaper to buy through a dealer as they can often offer discounted global freight and their knowledge and experience will help you create a successful system and avoid costly mistakes.
Regardless of whether you buy directly from us or from a dealer you will need to collect your site data, assess your energy needs and complete a calculation. If you need help doing this please read our getting started guide.
Refer to PowerSpout Document Index Links for a complete index of documents.