SRNE 250V charge controllers are approved for use with PowerSpout PLT80/TRG80 and LH250 hydro turbines when installed as per our guide. Click here to watch a video of this controller on a 600W PLT80 hydro turbine. Click here to read the SRNE brochure. Click here to read the SRNE user manual.
Although SRNE offer a large range of charge controllers, we only sell one size the MC4860N25, as it is well suited to our hydro product:
- 250V solar/hydro approved.
- For LV off-grid hydro/solar installs most clients will use the 250V version and PLT80/TRG80/LH250 turbines (12/24/48V battery).
- For ELV off-grid hydro/solar installs most clients will use the 250V version and PLT40/TRG40/LH100 turbine (12/24 battery only). Turbine Voc is <120VDC so ELV.
- MPPT Tracking for solar PV and hydro.
- Up to 250V input.
- Up to 60 amps battery output. For hydro application you must not exceed 30 nominal amps, this is because the current supplied via hydro is continuous, but for solar PV it is limited to only daylight hours.
- Bluetooth data access and editing of settings (via your smart phone).
- For 48v nominal battery - hydro turbine(s) up to 1600W.
- For 24v nominal battery - hydro turbine up to 800W.
- For 12v nominal battery - hydro turbine up to 400W. Note we do not advise 12V storage battery systems.
- Temperature compensation probe supplied - do not use for lithium cells.