The SHP-TX has one oil seal on the shaft that protrudes from pump body and 3 seals - one on each plunger. If you see an oil leak from any of these 4 seals at a service check (or you may notice that the oil level in pump body is falling), then these 4 seals will need to be replaced.
To remove each seal in turn you will need to:
- Remove the Smart Drive motor and brass cylinder head
- Drill a small hole (1-1.5mm) in the face of the oil seal that you can see
- Make a steel hook on the end of 1mm hard wire
- Use this wire to hook our each seal in turn
- Clean out the pump and wash out any debris from drilling of the 4 holes.
- Push in the new seal, you will need to make a pipe tool drift to do this
- Reassemble and replace oil, etc.
- Run and check oil leak has been fixed